Welcome to this week’s edition of SpendVu’s healthcare IT and supply chain related news.
Join us weekly for a new post featuring select industry related articles that we find interesting, controversial, and/or enlightening.
- Future Supply Chain Leaders
- HIMSS CEO Hal Wolf: Healthcare Has To Innovate Faster Than Ever
- Cleveland Clinic Lists Top 10 Medical Innovations to Shape 2018
By The Journal of Healthcare Contracting
Article Synopsis: Meet tomorrow’s supply chain leaders. Earlier this year, the Journal of Healthcare Contracting asked for nominations of young people with the energy, dedication and courage to shape tomorrow’s healthcare supply chain. As you can see, the supply chain will be in good hands.
#2: “HIMSS CEO Hal Wolf: Healthcare Has To Innovate Faster Than Ever”
Article Synopsis: Providers are rethinking the technology that enables access to information essential to driving personalized care and population health. Ahead of his opening keynote at the Big Data and Healthcare Analytics Forum, new HIMSS CEO Hal Wolf broke down his view of where healthcare innovation is headed and shared how HIMSS is adjusting its mission to better reflect how information and technology can help healthcare meet today’s challenges.
Watch the video at: http://www.healthcareitnews.com/video/himss-ceo-hal-wolf
By Julie Spitzer
Article Synopsis: Cleveland Clinic has synthesized a list of the top 10 medical innovations it expects to disrupt healthcare in the next 12 months.
1. Arsenal of targeted breast cancer therapies.
2. Centralized monitoring of hospital patients.
3. Enhanced recovery after surgery.
4. Gene therapy for inherited retinal diseases.
5. Hybrid closed-loop insulin delivery system.
6. Neuromodulation to treat obstructive sleep apena.
7. Next generation vaccine platforms.
8. Scalp cooling for reducing chemotherapy hair loss.
9. The emergence of distance health.
10. The unprecedented reduction of LDL cholesterol.